Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Preparation Begins

t- 13

Lesson Learned Today- You walk into a hair salon. The place is completely empty. The two hair dressers have no hair. They act surprised that someone actually came into their salon. They look at you in bald head wonder. Do you
A. Run out of the salon with both hands protecting your hair
B. Ask the price of the hair cut and discreetly leave.
C. Sign up for an appointment and watch the curls fly.

On top of my list for things to do before I leave was: Get Hair Cut. Well I did. If the above clues didn't tell me anything, the hair dresser's mocking laugh following my comment "Well I don't want to lose any length" should have told me he was snip happy. My hair is significantly shorter, but I did get an AMAZING (and commplimentary) butterscotch lollipop.
I have also found more boring shakespeare plays that I am going to try and see while in London. This fine selection of rarely produced plays include: Pericles (with Marina the super virgin), Winter's Tale, and Troilus & Cressida.
Tonight I am booking my bus trip to Scotland and Edinburgh hostel where I will be staying.

4 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 01:10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hostels! Be sure to bring plenty of change -- sometimes there's a meter for the hot water in the shower and for the heat in the room. Even in July, it can get chilly at night. (You might want to get a coin purse for the trip -- British coins are heavy and plentiful.) Why am I obsessed with coins today? Have a great trip!

 
At 7/22/2005 01:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!

This is an excellent idea! :) I should have only imagined that you would have come up with such an ingenious idea for blogging to keep in contact with people. It almost makes me want to start one (not that anybody would necessarily read it), just to put silly stories or whatever on there for people to read how I have been. We definitely have to talk before you leave for London! How exciting! I can't wait to live an adventurous vacation through your eyes. Talk to you soon!

Love, Sha

 
At 7/23/2005 07:58:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimberly,
Being that one has curly hair, the correct protocol for getting a hair cut is:
A. Go to the most expensive salon possible
B. Go to any salon, but bring a picture and tell them exactly what to do.
C. Go to any salon, but only let the chick with curly hair cut your hair.

The correct answer is C.

Love, your curly haired friend from Chicago.

 
At 7/24/2005 09:46:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip on coins. That's something I would not have thought of. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home