Thursday, August 04, 2005

D'oh!

I am safe and sound in London. The only strange thing thus far has been the British Family in front of us on the airplane had a life sized Homer Simpson doll. I thought that was very peculiar for several reasons none of which I have to time to get into.
The dorms are much homier than I expected. Not exactly like nicer, but more cozy. We have a great location close to grocery stores, cafes, Indian restaurants, and this very internet cafe.
Last night we explored Leicester and Tralfagar squares. Today we have our first class, I start research, and we are going to our first show. I am very excited to jump in and get started. My research is at National Theatre so I will be walking across the Waterloo Bridge and then on the Queen's Way along the Thames. If I get lost, I will get lost in style.
Note to Mom and Dad- Of course, I won't get lost and if I do, it's a very safe area. And as Amanda knows, I am well versed in Karate and can protect myself (aka hit first and run).

6 Comments:

At 8/04/2005 11:23:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know that you're safe and sound in London. Now that I'm not living at the park, I try and check this more often.
Love from,
Ali

 
At 8/04/2005 06:12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome Kimberly! A life-size Homer. You should have taken a picture, although that would have been weird for the owners. Have fun.-Kim

 
At 8/05/2005 08:43:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kimberly,
Great to hear that you are settled. Be safe and have an awesome time. I am thinking of you making the most of London.
Love,
Kristen

 
At 8/05/2005 11:56:00 AM , Blogger Sunday Girl said...

So did Homer have his own seat? Hope you are having a good time!

 
At 8/05/2005 09:50:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab! Hope you're enjoying London.

 
At 8/06/2005 12:28:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Poor Homer had to be stowed with the luggage. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home