Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hello-
I don't have too much time so this will be a quick post.
I finished my research at the National Theatre yesterday. I really loved doing research there- the people were so nice and friendly, not to mention the materials they had were amazing. I got to look at costume renderings, groundplans, cue sheets, prop lists, press articles, an annotated script, the actual production on video tape- my inner nerd was in full blossom! I was up to my elbows in materials. I think I got some really great stuff that will be really useful and impressive in my thesis (well impressive to me, at least). Particularly the blocking notes for Fiona Shaw during the deposition scene! You know, I am probably one of very few that finds that exciting. Oh, well.
Last night, I saw a production of Frankie and Johny at the Claire de Lune (or something like that, I don't know if I have all the right wording)in a very small theatre on Leicester Square. It was quite good in a very intimate space. We were pretty much sitting on the set with them. They also used a bit of scrim. You know how I love scrim.
I just saw a production of The Tempest at The Globe. I was perched right on the stage- it was absolutely incredible to hear Prospero's epilogue and some of the beautiful passages that reference the Globe and to be in the Globe-unreal.
Tonight we are seeing another show at the National about an actor who kills his critics.
I hope everyone is well. Tomorrow we are supposed to see a London heatwave. I am curious to see what that constitutes. It's been so mild so far, I can't imagine it getting too hot, but we'll see.

4 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 05:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Globe!

Love
Ape

 
At 8/11/2005 05:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Sounds like the National Theatre is quite a place and you got to do and see a lot of interesting things.

Donahue Super Sports sold my other motorcycle while we were on vacation, so thats taken care of.

Looking forward to the week-end, its been a long week.

Love, Dad

 
At 8/12/2005 10:21:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly!
I'm checking in at school...the only place with a speedy pc. Just wanted to say bonjour and let you know that I'm thinking about you. Have you sent us any postcards yet?;) Love you! Jamie

 
At 8/13/2005 07:17:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Its Saturday morning, just a quick Hi! before I go down to the coffee shop (there's a new one in town, you'll like it).

Have a good day, I'll send an e_mail later.

Love, Dad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home