Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Badger Girl Signing Off...for Now

It's been unofficial for quite awhile but I thought I would leave with a final closing statement. I am signing off. My blog has been an excellent outleft for angst of graduate school, but I am no longer in graduate school and have moved on. I have also returned to my homestate so it seems odd identifying myself as Badger Girl since that no longer is as strong of a marker of my identity. Now people think of me as the Cali girl and for those devoted readers, you can see the humor that I am identified by a place that I never really fit in.
So I finally have a real apartment, though decorated in a ragatag fashion is a step up from dorm rooms and university housing. I work for an environmental non-profit stationed in WI farmland which is the complete opposite of what I expected yet at the same time, is a really perfect fit. I am in a relationship with a wonderful man who again, is the opposite of who I thought I would be with, but again strangely works very well.
So I am settling, not in the negative, not striving for greatness kind of a way, but in a different way. Content. Re-discovering. Re-examining and not stressed out beyond belief. It's nice.
Maybe I will return to discuss WI winters or new recipes, but I don't think it will be for awhile. I associate work with my computer and am trying to revel in a 8 hour work day that doesn't extend into personal time.
So thank you for reading. Stay in touch. And enjoy the beautiful Fall.

With love,
Badgergirl

1 Comments:

At 10/04/2008 08:09:00 PM , Blogger Casey said...

Oh Badger Girl, I'm sad to see you go.

But I am so excited to see your life turning in pleasant (albeit unexpected) ways. Remember when we were commiserating over lacks of jobs and men and apartments? Well, now you have all three.

Good thing we still have the phone. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home