Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Though I have officially signed off, I wanted to do this survey again. After such a rough 2007, 2008 gave me some closure.
Happy New Year everyone!


1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? I learned to throw pottery (on a wheel, not tossing clay willy nilly) and I began working at a non-profit.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes! I am more balanced and I have a smaller, more stable world.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No. Thank God.
5. What places did you visit? Arizona, Phoenix and surrounding areas.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? I would like to continue work with finding balancing and reconciling what seems to be a new identity.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 12. Week of Fourth of July, specifically the Monday after when I got my job offer. End of March when I left the PhD program.
8. What was your biggest failure? Losing faith in myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing serious. Again, thank god.
11. What was the best thing you bought? a bed!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My parents. Me. :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Hmmm. I was a little disappointed in myself at times as well.
14. Where did most of your money go? To surviving jobless.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Better Things by Dar Williams. The Way I Am.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier!
b) thinner or fatter? fatter :(
c) richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Reading. Gosh, I never thought I would say that!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.
20. How did you spend Christmas last year? With my parents, JP, and then his family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Yes!
22. How many one-night stands? None, thank you. Not my style.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Simpsons and the Today Show.
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2007? I spent time with my two best friends- we had coffee and then saw a movie together. It was awesome because I don't think the three of us have ever offiically hung out.
25. What was the best book you read? Marley and Me.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Hmmm...I don't know if I had one. The free concert I saw in the Fall had really good musicians but I have already forgotten their names.
27. What did you want and get? I wanted to get back to Madison, in this very apartment actually.
.28. What did you want and not get? I had an unrealistic idea that I would have all this new fabulous new furniture, for now the bed will do.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Sad. I can't think of one. Juno? Maybe? Haven't seen many really good ones.
30. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Almost unknowingly getting everything I asked for last year.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Business casual.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Will Smith? Gosh I am drawing a blank.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Election 2008
36. Who did you miss? two California friends.
37. Who was the best new person you met? My boyfriend

1 Comments:

At 1/02/2009 12:42:00 PM , Blogger Casey said...

Ok, so I just finished typing my version of your 2008 survey, but it's way too depressing and I'm not going to post it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home