Thursday, August 18, 2005

I don't have much time but I can do a very quick post.
I am in Stratford right now. It has been a Godsend. The place we are staying at is so nice and clean! I think I got the best night's sleep last night than I have had all of my trip. It's really been a great re-energizer for me. I was getting to a point of being really tired of being sick and tired, so I am so glad for this. Also, I had my first hot breakfast! I forgot how good toast is when it is still warm!
The town is (obviously) much smaller than London. It's very touristy, but very pretty. We are in walking distance of the theater and where I will be doing research. Tomorrow I start my research at the Royal Shakespeare Archives. I will be doing that all day tomorrow and then Saturday morning. Most of our group is heading back tomorrow so it will be nice to have a break.
We have seen two shows so far that have been very good but pretty dark. Tonight we see As You Like It- the play that started it all for me. I am very excited to hear the All the world's a stage speech.
I hope everyone is well.
My harry potter update- I saw the actors that play Dumbledore and Filch in the the Henry IV plays. Filch is quite good as an actor- he was one of my favorites in the production! Daniel Radcliffe (Harry himself) was in the audience!

2 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 10:19:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, you are a busy gal, Kimberly. Sorry I haven't kept up with your BLOG, I"m just not used to this kind of thing!! Things here are well, just the usual and getting ready for work to start up again :( Did you ever get my snail mail???
-elizabeth

 
At 8/18/2005 03:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kimberly,
I am glad to here you are getting a little bit of time to regroup. London is definitely a busy/fast paced city.
Just a lot of work for me. Today was an unusually bad day....full moon! At least the moon is what I am blaming things on. Then I work the weekend. I don't mean to complain...it is nice to have the workday go so fast.
Take care!!!
Love,
Kristen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home