Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Am I really getting married?

Invitations have gone out and I am realizing that yes, I am actually getting married. For those who are holding their breath, yes- I am incredibly excited to get married and really hope I can focus on living in the moment and enjoying all that this summer has to offer.

On that note, delicious and healthy meal tonight. I had to make some last minute substitutions and was incredibly pleased with the results.

Spice Rubbed Pork Chops

What amazes me about this dish is without adding calories, you have an incredibly flavorful and satisfying dish.

The recipe calls for 4 pork chops but we always tend to make 3 (one for me, one for fiance and one for leftovers). That also means we have leftover spice rub but we're not ones to actually eat more than one round of leftovers.

1 1/2 Tbsp of chili powder: When I went to pour in the chili powder, I realized that I barely had 1 tablespoon. I ended up using 1/2 chili powder and 1/2 smoked paprika (which I just bought, more about my infatuation with smoked paprika later). It was awesome.
1 Tbsp of unpacked brown sugar
2 tsp of ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce

Rub it all into the pork chops and you can either broil it 4 minutes on each side or plop it on the Foreman (which is what we did, thank you future in-laws!) for 4-5 minutes.

With that we roasted some red potatoes with chicken broth, rosemary and garlic, and we had steamed veggies. A very healthy meal weighing in at 6 WW points. Now if only I hadn't had those two glasses of white wine...

1 Comments:

At 6/15/2010 04:10:00 AM , Blogger eliza said...

OOOH, sounds delicious and I think I may try this recipe this week....(I have to buy some pork chops first)....I have been looking for new recipes to spice up my menus....thanks for the input!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home