Saturday, August 27, 2005

This is going to be much shorter than originally planned because I already lost one draft of this.
I hate Macs.
My highlight of the day (and my trip!) was climbing up Arthur's Seat. You can see it in many pictures of Edinburgh. It's this huge crag that overlooks the city. I picture it as King Lear's Heath, so for the rest of this email, I will call it the Heath. For two hours, it was just me and the Heath. It was much easier climbing up than getting back down. I took a whole roll of film, so will share those when I get back. The wind ripped through me when I get to the top and it was amazing.
I also went to the John Knox house, Hollyrood palace, an art exhibit from the queen mother, and a production of Genet's The Maids (which I am adding to my growing list of shows I want to direct).
Yesterday I went to The Elephant House, the castle, a production of Richard II, and a production of Accidental Death of an Anarchist.
Tomorrow I have a 8-9 hour bus trip back to London.

1 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 04:08:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having fun with parents in town. Went to Stillwater (town on St Croix river) for lunch and then went to a winery. Southern Indian Chicken Curry for dinner (I'm cooking). Your hike sounds cool. Have a fun bus ride! :)

Love
Ape

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home